- Version 0.5
- Download 21
- File Size 112.19 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 24. May 2020
- Last Updated 24. May 2020
Uber Arena 0.5
Version 0.5 is now available, with 7 new maps, Team Arena weapons (with nerfs for better game balance), and match customization options as highlight features!
- Added 7 new maps:
- Claws of Nehemoth (uadm11)
Original Author: Tim "spirit" Schäfer
NOTE: Originally a QueToo map
- Serenity Garden (uadm12)
Original Author: Tigger-On
NOTE: Based on the Clan Arena of Tigger-On's RA3 map "Certain Ruin"
- Dissension of Eternity (uadm13)
Original Author: Eraser
- Starlight Run (uadm14)
Original Author: acid
- Periphery (uadm15)
Original Author: Richard "swelt" Jacques
- Pitch Black Moon (uadm16)
Original Author: Justin "StormShadow" Ingels
NOTE: Based on the Clan Arena of StormShadow's RA3 map "Black Moon"
- Revolution Industries (uactf3)
Original Author: Joel "JohnnyLaw" Baxter
- Added support for the three Team Arena weapons, as well as uberweapons for each.
NOTE: For legal reasons, the assets used for the Team Arena weapons are taken from OpenArena. I have attempted to contact the rights owners, and they did indeed respond back, and the response can pretty much be summed up as "no". So unfortunately the possibility of using the original TA assets is basically zero.
- Phantom Nailgun: Fires nails that go through level geometry, with a slightly larger damage radius than normal.
- Infinity Chaingun: Returns approximately 70% of all damage inflicted (rounded down) as chaingun belt ammo.
- Laser Prox Launcher: Fires accurate laser beams every second at players within the mine's sight cone.
- The standard chaingun now has a spin-up / spin-down time.
- Prox launcher can now only launch a maximum of 3 mines at any one time. If more than 3 are launched, the oldest one is detonated.
- New "Advanced Settings" menu that lets you customize various mod-related options. They can be accessed through the match menu, or set the old-fashioned way through the console.
- List of new console commands (see documentation for more details):
- Holdable items are now visible above the heads of other players, making them much more predictable, and easier to counter.
- If a player with the Storage Capsule is currently carrying an item inside of it, the stored item will be displayed instead of the capsule.
- Item knockback now scales based on distance from the explosion origin.
- Negative vertical velocity that would be imparted on items (due to the splash origin being above the item) is now reflected instead of being cleared. This makes knocking items from high ledges much easier as the items will always bounce upwards, instead of being thrust downwards and moving very little.
- Uberweapon names are now gold-colored when selected in the status bar.
- Fixed a bug where the missing model axes would show up on dead corpses (related to the uberweapon orb effect).
- Fixed a bug where the player would be launched by a trampoline much higher than they were supposed to.
Check out the new Uber Arena subreddit as well: